One of my co-workers had a really great idea to do a pre-Thanksgiving potluck tomorrow during work! Everyone is bringing a little bit of something and we’re all going to dig in tomorrow. It’ll be lots of fun and I’m looking forward to seeing what people are going to bring. After a long day at work though the last thing I want to do is cook some elaborate dish. So I made a simple side dish that didn’t require too much work and is still very tasty. Also vegan and vegetarian friendly too! Here’s the recipe below!
1 lb and a 1/2 of white mushrooms
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon of chopped chives
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prep the mushrooms. Take a kitchen cloth and rub off the dirt. Then chop up into smaller pieces if you have larger mushrooms. If they are pretty small you can leave them as is.
3. Mince the garlic.
4. Prep a baking pan by spraying it with some oil.
5. Dump the mushrooms in the pan and then sprinkle everything else except the chives on top. Drizzle the olive oil over the mushrooms. Mix it all up with your hands!
6. Place it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
7. Mushrooms are done when you can see that most of the white is gone. Taste test and add any spices you wish. Sprinkle the chopped chives on top and you have a side dish!
I love mushrooms! They are one of my favorite things to eat. Yummy…can’t wait to eat it tomorrow. Trying to decide if it would be better cold or warmed up. I’ll figure it out tomorrow.
What kind of side dishes do you like to make?